The Assistant Finance Manager's primary responsibilities will be ensuring the Client Services/Account Management leadership team has the right business intelligence to manage their fiscal Revenue and Margin annual plans and individual client budgets, while continuing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of overall business processes. The Assistant Finance Mgr. position will require a mix of excellent communication, finance and analytical skills with a consultative approach, project management, and an understanding of how Mosaic uses systems to support the business.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following ACOSTA values:
• People Minded – Must show dignity and respect to all people
• Integrity – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
• Results Oriented – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
• Trust – Must be honest, sincere and confident
• Teamwork – Must build trusting relationships
• Innovation – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
• Balance – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life
Essential Functions of this Position (list in order of most important to least important):
1. Assist with weekly and monthly reporting on key financial and performance metrics and provide inputs to the client services leadership team
2. Work with your Manager and the Accounting team to ensure proper expenses for each program, including internal cross-charges
3. Help manage and monitor the sales pipeline
4. Calculate incentives for certain client programs
5. Ensure that time-tracking and staff allocations reporting is timely and accurate
6. Assist with project setup within Salesforce – open and closing codes, clean up, etc.
7. Work with VP’s and Directors of the client services team to identify cost saving/cash flow opportunities and ensure the implementation of the measures
8. Ad-hoc requests and special projects as needed.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Preferred in Finance and Accounting
Experience Requirement (i.e. 5 yrs category mgmt or 3 yrs food brokerage):
• 3+ years’ experience, in a retail/merchandising or marketing environment preferred
• Proven success in a similar role
• Proven project management experience
• Proven experience planning, monitoring and managing departmental budget
• Experience working with the following financial systems a plus:
• ERP (ex: Oracle – JDE)
• CRM – Salesforce experience preferred
• Management System Expense (ex: Concur).
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements (i.e. “plan-a-gram” software expertise, presentation skills):
• Outstanding communication, leadership and analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and prioritization of tasks
• Professional attitude and leadership skills
• General awareness of Mosaic industry and competitive best practices
• Possess an advanced understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office products, primarily Microsoft Excel, Power-Point, Word, and Outlook.