The Inspector, Quality Device will be monitoring, testing, quality inspection and correction of mobile device repairs at Samsung service centers. This includes in depth training on Samsung devices, following detailed instructions on testing and recording results. The Inspector, Quality Device is also responsible for audits / repair quality, training and re-training of associates, and reporting on all activities. Also, responsible for implementing statistical process controls to develop and maintain operational effectiveness and sustainable improvement of any identified opportunities, with a goal of stellar customer service, outstanding repair quality to ensure no customers “bounce” or returns due to incomplete work.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following ACOSTA values:
• People Minded – Must show dignity and respect to all people
• Integrity – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
• Results Oriented – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
• Trust – Must be honest, sincere and confident
• Teamwork – Must build trusting relationships
• Innovation – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
• Balance – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life
Essential Functions of this Position (list in order of most important to least important):
1. Follow guidance from inspector lead/management to perform daily device inspection on IBI and Bounce devices
2. Train on accurate work instruction and recording of test result, focusing on improving areas of opportunity
3. Perform audits of activities, repair results, and overall inspection of processes and quality
4. Implement statistical process controls/ processes into RSI operation to drive sustainable improvement
5. Identifies and implements the corrective actions at RSI
6. Manage schedule and activities based on business needs within service centers in defined geography
7. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor of Arts Degree
Experience Requirement (i.e. 5 yrs category mgmt or 3 yrs food brokerage):
• 2+ years’ experience in technical mobile phone testing
• 1+ years’ experience supervising / managing others a plus
• Proven experience with electronic and test equipment such as DVM, Mobile Station test sets and low voltage power supplies
• Proven Mobile Phone repair experience with the ability to train others preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements (i.e. “plan-a-gram” software expertise, presentation skills):
• Ability to course correct, and coach for results
• Strong ability to analyze results, identify trends, and make recommendations for broader review and implementation
• Dependability and adaptability to change
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skill
• Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and prioritization of tasks
• Superior interpersonal skills to work closely with other team members and clients.