The Retail Operations Specialist I, will be responsible for supporting the Operations team in all aspects of the business. This role will work closely with all internal departments to compile the allocation request spreadsheets and cycle overview grids. The Retail Operations Specialist I, will also supports the cyclical deadlines by creating, reviewing, and revising documentation that will be used in the field to execute our contracts. In addition, this role is responsible for Purchase Order creation and Invoice reconciliation.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following ACOSTA values:
• People Minded – Must show dignity and respect to all people
• Integrity – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
• Results Oriented – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
• Trust – Must be honest, sincere and confident
• Teamwork – Must build trusting relationships
• Innovation – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
• Balance – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life
Essential Functions of this Position (list in order of most important to least important):
1. Compile product allocation requests and retail product overview grid from the contracts, contract planning forms, and cycle grids.
2. Create detailed cycle documentation and instructions for field merchandiser use.
3. Reconcile vendor invoices versus reporting from Accounts Payable. Download and track all invoices.
4. Create Purchase Orders for vendors and work with Accounting to ensure all invoices are processed.
5. Ability to learn and use custom software systems to run cycle reporting as well as input data for cycle planning.
6. Cycle reporting for our fulfillment warehouse and all merchandising companies. Create cycle questions to be answered by merchandisers in the field.
7. Assist with processing of merchandising company execution data and condition codes.
8. Data entry and analysis for production and finance projects.
9. Back up coverage for retail customer communication.
10. Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by manager.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Preferred
Experience Requirement (i.e. 5 yrs category mgmt or 3 yrs food brokerage):
• 1 - 3+ years’ experience of strong retail experience working with retailers and developing strong relationships.
• Previous experience meeting monthly deadlines.
• Proving experience managing program details, cycle reporting, and cycle documentation.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements (i.e. “plan-a-gram” software expertise, presentation skills):
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and adapt to last minute changes.
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
• Possess an advanced understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office products, primarily Microsoft Excel, Power-Point, Word, and Outlook.